It has been an incredibly long week–just last Friday we were in Madison, Wisconsin. Then we went to Chicago, then flew to Dublin, then London, and now we’re in Bedford, England. Brace yourself, this is a long post–I’ll do my best to give you details, I’m still pretty sleepy!
1-4) I was able to get up early (look at the pretty sunrise!) our first morning in Madison to do some yoga (which I desperately needed) :) Stan, the cat, was very interested in my new travel yoga mat–he’s basically a dog haha you’ll see a lot of him in the next few photos.
7-9) Kristen walked around Madison with us and showed us how the Midwest does winter. We were pleased to see that Madisonians don’t let cold weather or frozen lakes get them down–they all get out and walk/run/bike around like usual. I’m so inspired by communities like that, it’s not really the normal thing in Oklahoma to be outside at all much less in weather that’s less than perfect. Shout out to everyone who powers through cold weather to have fun/be fit! I’m not great at it, but I’m inspired by you to be better :) ps–we walked on a FROZEN LAKE! So crazy. And can you see that snow fort? Wisconsin, I tell ya.
10) Stan in a bag haha
11) Sean and Kristen’s other cat, Phil, is more afraid of visitors than Stan, so Kristen had to force him to join us in the living room by sitting against the wall and holding him to her chest–poor little guy!
12) Panoramas are weird but also the best
13) The lovely view from our window on a sunny day in Madison–so cozy :)
16) Little Stan just sitting around–seriously he is a dog cat
17) A cute little coffee shop in Madison!
18) I love this photo of us with Sean and Kristen, it was so good to see you guys! They took us to a Wisconsin hockey game, and it was a blast–I’d never been to a collegiate hockey game before, so I felt very immersed in the culture haha
22) Haha, packing up our suitcases is always a bit of a test–Colin had to stand on his to get it to properly close
23) My “mirror selfie” when I woke up on our last morning in Madison. We had to get up super early to catch the 7am bus to Chicago and I was not feeling it.
24-25) I was however, really feeling Chicago. What. A. City. We got dropped off at Union Station, which was of course beautiful! I’ve been to Union station in Kansas City and Denver as well, and they’re all so gorgeous. We should build beautiful buildings more often!
26-35) Honestly, we had great food and coffee in Chicago, but my favorite thing we did was walk all around. We spent the whole first afternoon walking along the lake and it was really wonderful. It also helped that there was plenty of sunshine, and we got to chat on the phone with Brian for the majority of our walk, but Chicago is magic, ok? I just love it.
36) Look at that church…look at it. Ugh, so pretty!
37-41) It wouldn’t really be a trip to Chicago for me if we didn’t make a stop at the ever-lovely Heritage Bikes & Coffee Shop. I’ve been over this before: bikes + coffee = obvious obsession. Also, they had a giant Cubs mural painted on the side of the shop when they won the world series…so that’s just another reason why we had to go there! Also also, they make their syrups in house, and the americano with a little chocolate syrup is perfection.
42) On way walking to Wrigley Field, we passed this Taco Bell sign wearing a Cubs hat…that’s a real sentence.
43) :D :D :D
44) Have I mentioned that WE WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!? This was so exciting to see!
45-46) More Cubs things–how great is the Beary Caray??
47) Happy Cubs fans :)
48) The stairs to the trains have little ramps on the side for your bikes…and they have these cute icons of bikes. Clearly I’m easily excited by details.
51-52) Such a pretty city
53) Sunrises on planes are the best, this one featured some product placement by Aer Lingus haha
55) Hahahahahahaha Tom made us these towel swans and Josh (who the room belongs to) left us a lovely note and some English candy as a welcome gift!
56) I got to join Ro as she helped our her friend that’s shooting a short film involving motorcycles–not complaining about how green everything is!
57-58) Our friends have been so so kind to cook us food while we’ve been here including this pea soup and ham (by Tom) and this butter chicken and curry (by Josh)–thanks everyone!
59-62) I love Ro’s decorating style–how hilarious is that bottom left print?
63-70) Today Josh showed us around Bedford including the gorgeous Victorian park in town. We thoroughly enjoyed the long walk as well as the café in the park–look at those mugs! So pretty :)
Whew! Well, that’s all! This weekend we’ll be meeting more of Tom and Ro’s friends and exploring more of this little town. I hope your weekend is adventurous and noteworthy!