“Here’s to the twilight
These are my souvenirs
My mental pictures of everything
Here’s to the late nights
Here’s to the firelight
These are my souvenirs
I can see you’re smiling, you’re so alive
We were so young, we had no fear
We were so young, we had no idea
That life was just happening
Life was just happening”
1) We found every Cubs hat Colin has ever owned–from left to right there’s his hat from little league and then his hats he’s worn through over the years, and then of course the World Series hat :) This photo just makes me so happy!
2-8) Colin and I got to spend the weekend in Houston visiting our friends, Sean and Sheila! We had a really great time, and we loved getting a few final days enjoying sunshine and palm trees :) Also I loved the bright colors at the Kemah Boardwalk (even though we’re pretty terrified of roller coasters haha)
9-15) After the boardwalk, we stopped by Galveston to see the ocean and enjoy a quick drink while watching the waves…it was so lovely!
16-17) One of the last things we did before leaving was walk around this beautiful park near Sean and Sheila’s house. Thank you guys for a great visit–miss you already!
18-19) How cool are the decorations at this restaurant in Dallas? It was so delicious too, though my green curry was seriously spicy!
20) Bozeman sleeping on the couch as I pack box after box–poor little guy is so anxious since our house is not what it usually is. Everything’s in the wrong place!
21) Our lifegroup is throwing us a goodbye party, so I’ve been writing goodbye letters to everyone. Because Lord knows I could not say everything I want to say to everyone if I was staring them in the face :”'(
22) I’m so glad I got to see this lovely friend of mine before we moved! Brooke texted me that she was in town (she lives in Dallas) on Monday, and we met for tea and a nice long chat before she headed home. It was so great, and she reads this blog more than anyone else I think, so HI BROOKE!
23) I got to visit Chelsea and baby Townes at their home earlier this week, and he is just the sweetest little snuggle bug. I love him!
24) boxes boxes boxes boxes
25) More letter writing–so many feels.
This weekend we are moving out of our house…holy wow it’s crazy! I hope your weekend is refreshing and adventurous.