“And if you were to ask me
After all that we’ve been through
Still believe in magic?
Well yes, I do
Oh yes, I do
Of course I do”
2) They have huge photos printed off in the lobby of the new campus, and our Lifegroup thought it was funny that Brian was in one haha
3-4) I went with Steph and Kyle to the midnight (ok, 11:15) premiere showing of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them….oh my goodness. Guys, you should know that I am a serious Potter fan (feel free to test me anytime) and this movie is my personal favorite of all the Potter films. It was so nice to just experience the movie without comparing it to anything–we laughed, we cried, we gasped, it was awesome.
5) Since I really didn’t sleep after watching the movie, I spent the morning being cozy with my quilt, tea, and my copy of the textbook, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them :)
6) Colin has worked overtime since August preparing for a huge project deadline that was the day before Thanksgiving, so those last few days of overtime were tiring for all of us.
7-8) A spontaneous series of events led to me getting brunch with some lovely friends the weekend before Thanksgiving–love them!
9) Oh, these friends! Alex and Hilary started out as my clients, and over the past couple of years has led to us becoming friends :) They came to town a couple weeks ago for dinner and a Christmas card shoot #ReasonsWhyILoveMyJob
11) So many selfies haha, our dear friends, Maddy and Josh, got engaged last Wednesday and I got to be the hidden photographer! Josh’s family members are the geniuses behind KatieBugs, so they threw an adorable afterparty with hot chocolate (and apple cider for those of us who are lactose intolerant) and marshmallows with graham crackers and and chocolate for s’mores! We loved getting to celebrate them and enjoy a cozy evening sipping hot chocolate by a fire :)
12) The first thing we did after Colin turned in his project at work was take Bozeman out to Lake Overholser. We’re learning that nature is a huge part of being refreshed for us when we need it–we’re thankful to live near lovely places to walk and enjoy!
13) These cookies are beloved among all our families, so naturally, I made a bunch of them for our Thanksgiving celebrations. Oatmeal chocolate chip with fresh cranberries!
14) Tabitha was in town for Thanksgiving (she moved to Texas for grad school last year), so we spent Friday morning by the fireplace at Higher Grounds sipping coffee and catching up on life things–love her!
15) Oh man, this was our food spread when Beth, Steph, and I got together to watch the Gilmore Girls revival! We did things right by eating pad thai, pita and hummus, dolmas, tacos, chips and guacamole, cupcakes, and cookies haha
16) Colin took off on Monday so we could go hiking in the Wichita Mountains–I always love this view from Elk Mountain. Have you ever been there in the Fall? The colors are gorgeous!
17-18) Details from neighborhood walks with Bozeman :)
19-20) I’ve loved decorating for Christmas this year–there’s nothing cozier than enjoying hot chocolate while listening to Christmas music and admiring twinkle lights! Unless, of course, you have a fireplace and it’s snowing outside.
This weekend we’ll be visiting my family in Tulsa (since we didn’t see them over Thanksgiving) and wrapping Christmas gifts! I hope you’re weekend is lovely, friend!