“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard”
Winnie the Pooh
1) In visiting all our OKC favorites, I made it over to Nourished (another GF vegan place that is delicious) which was accompanied by this pretty view of the city :)
2) Cutie napping pups–I miss them already, but I’m glad they have each other to snuggle and play.
3-4) As a “thank you” for letting us (and Bozeman) stay at her house, I took Beth to Well Beauty Studio so we could get our nails done! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if you want a harsh chemical-free, lovely salon experience, go to Well Beauty! Also, I can’t help but feel like we just remade this photo haha
5-6) We were in Tulsa last weekend saying goodbye to my family, and I’m so glad I got to see my gorgeous big, Amanda while we were there! We also said goodbye to my brother and his lovely fiancé –hence the selfie :)
7) We also got to see my cousin, Matthew, in his last ever high school musical, Beauty and the Beast! This was the only photo we got with him in the packed foyer after the show. From left to right that’s Matthew, me, my Aunt Mary, Colin, and my Uncle Bryan!
8) Last long trip in my little car, Hermione, for awhile–I was feeling nostalgic while Colin was getting gas haha
9-10) Our Lifegroup is made of the very best people. My sweet sweet friend, Alicia, gifted me this amazing Giving Key necklace with my word for 2017 (courage) on it, and together they all had this gorgeous book made for us. It’s a guestbook for our future home that we’ll have people sign when they come stay with us either for a meal or for a longer period of time. On the front it has our name, and the back has this quote from Shauna Niequist
“When we do the hard, intimate work of friendship, we bring a little more of the divine into daily life.”
As if all that weren’t enough, they each wrote us a note in the book before they gave it to us. I’ve decided I won’t read them until we’re on the plane though…because feelings. Geez. Love you all, miss you already!
11) Again with the gorgeous skies, Oklahoma :)
12) Ostin and Bethany both texted me photos of Bozeman snuggling on this blanket while we were in Tulsa haha, he loves soft blankets. That little guy.
13) Speaking of snuggling dogs, Riley loved snuggling in bed with me while we were staying at Beth’s since she used to share a bed with Beth and me in college…I loved it too :)
14) I hugged so many people goodbye this week (thanks to all of you for the hugs haha) including this lovely lady who I just don’t get to see often enough! Love you, Steph! PS–you know it’s crazy weather when you’re wearing SHORTS AND SUNDRESSES IN FEBRUARY! Ok, that’s all.
15) The first stop on our adventure was my Aunt and Uncle’s house in St. Louis! My Uncle Jack has a new fancy espresso maker to play with, so he made us some yummy, foamy americanos the morning we were there :)
16-17) Driving through all the snow in Illinois!
So! This weekend we’ll be spending time with our friends and enjoying all the fun that Madison in Winter has to offer. We’re hoping to rest a little, fit some yoga in, and enjoy the snow and frozen lakes! I don’t post on Instagram that often, but I’m working on posting more to Instagram Stories since we’ll be traveling for awhile, so be sure to follow along if that’s something you’d like to see :)
If you’re confused by all of this traveling talk, maybe you missed this post?
Happiest weekend to you, friend!